The MIE2020 conference planned end of April 2020 has been cancelled due to the SARS-CoV-2 pandemy
- Notice of Meeting Cancellation
- The safety and well-being of MIE2020 participants is our priority. MIE2020 has been closely monitoring statements from the national health authorities, the European Centers for Disease Control (ECDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) regarding the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Given the severity of this global health issue, the ban travels, meetings limitations and confinement measures taken in most countries, it has been decided in the best interest of all to cancel this meeting.
- Cancelled. The MIE2020 organizing committees, obeying to national authorities, travel bans, border closing and confinement rules, has thus cancelled the MIE2020 conference.
- Will the MIE2020 conference be rescheduled?
- No. The MIE2020 Conference will not be rescheduled due to the time constraints and the many events rescheduled in semester 2, 2020.
- Virtual. Panels and workshop will be organized virtually as part of ICMITH2020, further information will be given by EFMI.
- Will paid attendee registrations be refunded?
- Partly. In order to have a fair handling of this “force majeur situation”, which is excluded from insurance contracts, and to allow the reimbursement of all personal costs as well as bills paid before the cancellation, and the publication fees of the proceedings for all accepted submissions regardless of registration, the registration fees will be partly refunded. We are evaluating our processes for refunding attendees. Attendees will receive separate communications from MIE20202020 with more details.
- Can I apply my MIE2020 Conference registration to a future MIE Conference registration?
- No. Due to the joint nature of the planned conference with CERN, WHO, SPHN, and other scientific partners, we are unable to apply meeting registrations to future meetings.
- Will accepted submission be published?
- Yes. Due to the pandemic situation, all the process has been somewhat delayed, but it is expected that the Proceedings and indexing to be available mid Summer in Open Access
- The publication Informations are as follow:
Series: Studies in Health Technology and Informatics
ISSN print: 0926-9630/ ISSN online: 1879-8365
Volume number 270
Book title: Digital Personalized Health and Medicine
Book subtitle: Proceedings of MIE 2020
Editors: Louise Pape-Haugaard, Christian Lovis, Inge Corte Madsen, Patrick Weber, Per Hostrup Nielsen and Philip Scott
ISBN print: 978-1-64368-082-8
ISBN online: 978-1-64368-083-5
If you have any questions or need additional information, please email us at email@example.com
The Local Organizing Committee, the Scientific Program Committee and the European Federation of Medical Informatics expresses thanks all those who have supported us to handle this situation.